Preparation Time: 10mins
Cooking Time: 10mins
- 1 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 300g chocolate chips
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 250g grated cadbury milk chocolate
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts... whatever you fancy!)
1) Preheat oven to 180'C.
2) In a freestanding mixer, cream together your butter and sugars.
3) Stir in the eggs and vanilla, then add flour, bicarb, baking powder and oats.
4) Add chocolate chips, grated chocolate and nuts.
5) Roll mixture into balls (slightly larger than teaspoon size) and place on a grease proof paper tray, 2 inches apart.
6) Bake for 10 mins or until slightly golden.
- What can I say?? I just love to bake!! Ever since I would go to Grandma's house as a little girl and bake highlight cakes or help Ninny make her famous vanilla cookies, I've been obsessed with baking! Not only from recipe books, but freestyle too! With a father as a chef, i suppose it is in my genes! Some of my favourite memories from growing up were those moments after dinner when my dad would get his sweet tooth pang and have me help him whip up a batch of toffee fruit kebabs, or irish caramels! I used to love how he never followed recipes, he always just knew what ingredients worked with one another and how to play with quantities. So, from an early age, i had learnt from the master and i was well on my way to bake on my own! When i was 7 years old, i used to bake chocoloate cakes to sell to the mothers of my friends when they came to watch our Saturday morning minkey hockey games! Before i knew it, i was being commissioned from my school teachers to bake cakes for them at $2 a pop! This blog holds just a few of my favourite tried and tested recipes which I've thoroughly enjoyed both baking and eating! So enjoy!!