Sorry everyone for not posting this recipe earlier!! FINALLY - here is the much anticipated chocolate brownie recipe you've all been waiting for!! Beware... they're not weight watchers approved :-) I whip these bad boys out whenever i'm having a party as they make perfect little petit fours (which everyone seems to LOVE!) and they keep well in an airtight container for yonks.
Cooking Time: 40 mins
Preparation Time: 15 mins
- 200g butter
- 200g plain chocolate
- 500g castor sugar
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 250g plain flour
- 4tbs cocoa
1) Preheat oven to 180'C
2) Prepare a small rectangular roasting tin or oven proof dish (8x12'' or 20x30cm) Line with baking paper.
3) Melt the chopped chocolate and butter over a pan of simmering water and allow to cool slightly.
4) Stir in the sugar and vanilla.
5) Add in the eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
6) Sift in the flour and cocoa and mix in for about one minute, or until smooth.
7) Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and bake for about 45-50mins. The mixture needs to be just cooked, so start testing with a skewer at about 40 minutes - It should have moist crumbs, but not wet batter, sticking to it.
8) Cool in the tin completely before turning out onto a board to cut into pieces.
Nom nom nom. Enjoy.
**Image below under 'Housewarming Party Platter'
- What can I say?? I just love to bake!! Ever since I would go to Grandma's house as a little girl and bake highlight cakes or help Ninny make her famous vanilla cookies, I've been obsessed with baking! Not only from recipe books, but freestyle too! With a father as a chef, i suppose it is in my genes! Some of my favourite memories from growing up were those moments after dinner when my dad would get his sweet tooth pang and have me help him whip up a batch of toffee fruit kebabs, or irish caramels! I used to love how he never followed recipes, he always just knew what ingredients worked with one another and how to play with quantities. So, from an early age, i had learnt from the master and i was well on my way to bake on my own! When i was 7 years old, i used to bake chocoloate cakes to sell to the mothers of my friends when they came to watch our Saturday morning minkey hockey games! Before i knew it, i was being commissioned from my school teachers to bake cakes for them at $2 a pop! This blog holds just a few of my favourite tried and tested recipes which I've thoroughly enjoyed both baking and eating! So enjoy!!