You know that feeling when you crave something a bit 'naughty' but don't want to blow the diet?? Well this recipe should do the trick! They're so easy to make and don't taste 'healthy' at all! You can vary the recipe to your liking, but mine were banana and coconut filling with granola sprinkled on top. Alternatively, you could use the same muffin recipe and add apple & cinnamon with granola or blueberry or raspberry or... whatever you like, really!!
Cooking time: 20 mins
Preperation time: 10 mins
Serves: 6 big fat boy serves or 12 normal
- 3 ripened bananas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2 tbs low fat margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups SR flour
- 2 tbs milk
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Granola to decorate
1) Preheat oven to 180'C and lightly grease your muffin tins or line with muffin cases
2) Beat together bananas and egg, then add in all remaining ingredients and mix well.
3) Fill muffin tins 3/4 full with mixture.
4) Bake for 20 mins, or until risen and lightly golden, and springy to the touch.
- What can I say?? I just love to bake!! Ever since I would go to Grandma's house as a little girl and bake highlight cakes or help Ninny make her famous vanilla cookies, I've been obsessed with baking! Not only from recipe books, but freestyle too! With a father as a chef, i suppose it is in my genes! Some of my favourite memories from growing up were those moments after dinner when my dad would get his sweet tooth pang and have me help him whip up a batch of toffee fruit kebabs, or irish caramels! I used to love how he never followed recipes, he always just knew what ingredients worked with one another and how to play with quantities. So, from an early age, i had learnt from the master and i was well on my way to bake on my own! When i was 7 years old, i used to bake chocoloate cakes to sell to the mothers of my friends when they came to watch our Saturday morning minkey hockey games! Before i knew it, i was being commissioned from my school teachers to bake cakes for them at $2 a pop! This blog holds just a few of my favourite tried and tested recipes which I've thoroughly enjoyed both baking and eating! So enjoy!!