Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 4 egg whites
- 250g castor sugar
- Pink food colouring
1) Preheat oven to 150’C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2) Whisk your egg whites until they form soft peaks and then slowly add in your sugar, one lot at a time, until all the sugar is incorporated and the egg mixture becomes white and glossy.
3) Split your meringue mixture into two bowls and colour one bowl with a couple of drops of pink food colouring, folding the colouring into the mix until it's all blended in.
4) Fill your piping bag with the white meringue mixture and pipe 15-20 cylinder shapes onto your baking tray, being sure to leave plenty of room at the top of each one for the 'fairy toadstool head' and also plenty of room between each one. (about 1.5inches is enough, as they tend to spread a bit in the baking process). You will need a about 2tbs of white meringue mixture left over for decorating.
5) Clean out your piping bag and replace it with pink meringue mixture. Pipe a round pink 'mushroom' head on each stork.
6) Using your left over white meringue mixture and a kebab skewer, dot small little spots on your fairy toadstool's - a very effective finishing touch!
7) Bake for 35-40mins and allow to cool before turning out onto a wire rack.