Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 6 egg whites
- 400g castor sugar
- 4tbs dark cocoa powder
- 4tbs chopped hazelnuts
- 3tbs chopped milk chocolate
- milk chocolate and chopped hazelnuts for decorating
1) Preheat oven to 150’C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2) Whisk your egg whites until they form soft peaks and then slowly add in your sugar, one lot at a time, until all the sugar is incorporated and the egg mixture becomes white and glossy.
3) Fold in the cocoa powder, chopped hazelnuts and chocolate.
4) Spoon the mixture into large dollops on your baking tray (bigger than a golf ball but smaller than a baseball!)
5) Bake for 45mins, then turn off the heat and leave meringues to cool in the oven with the door ajar.
6) When meringues are cool, melt down a few cubes of milk chocolate then drizzle on top of the meringues and top with chopped hazelnuts.