I just LOVE this Greek Shortbread recipe! They are SO delicious (albeit, a little naughty with all the butter content!) But still, very handy to have in the cupboard for when you have your girlfriends round for coffee.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 115g Walnuts
- 225g Unsalted butter
- 115g Castor sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 225g Plain flour
- Icing sugar to dust
1) Preheat oven to 180’C and line baking trays with grease proof paper.
2) Grind your walnuts (or chop/bash until crushed but still a bit ‘nutty’)
3) Transfer nuts to a bowl and mix in your butter until blended.
4) Add in the sugar and vanilla and stir well to blend all ingredients.
5) Sift in the flour and work into a dough.
6) Now here’s the fun bit! Take a large teaspoon amount of dough and form into a crescent shape on your prepared trays. You’ll want to leave a good inch between crescent’s, as they tend to spread slightly in the oven.
7) Bake in preheated oven for 15 mins, or until just golden.