Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Serves: 8 mini loaves
- 115g butter, at room temperature
- 115 castor sugar
- 115g SR flour
- 2 eggs
- 50ml milk
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 70g chopped walnuts
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
1) Preheat oven to 180'C and lightly grease your mini loaf tin (or muffin tin).
2) Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3) Sift in the flour and cinnamon, stirring to blend it all together.
4) Add in your chopped walnuts and vanilla.
5) Split you mixture into two even bowls.
6) With a fork, mash your bananas to puree and mix into one bowl.
7) Add your peeled and diced apple into the other bowl.
8) Pour your mixture into your prepared loaf tins and top the apple loaves with slices apple and the banan loaves with a few walnuts.
9) Bake for 20 mins, or until light and spongey to the touch.
- What can I say?? I just love to bake!! Ever since I would go to Grandma's house as a little girl and bake highlight cakes or help Ninny make her famous vanilla cookies, I've been obsessed with baking! Not only from recipe books, but freestyle too! With a father as a chef, i suppose it is in my genes! Some of my favourite memories from growing up were those moments after dinner when my dad would get his sweet tooth pang and have me help him whip up a batch of toffee fruit kebabs, or irish caramels! I used to love how he never followed recipes, he always just knew what ingredients worked with one another and how to play with quantities. So, from an early age, i had learnt from the master and i was well on my way to bake on my own! When i was 7 years old, i used to bake chocoloate cakes to sell to the mothers of my friends when they came to watch our Saturday morning minkey hockey games! Before i knew it, i was being commissioned from my school teachers to bake cakes for them at $2 a pop! This blog holds just a few of my favourite tried and tested recipes which I've thoroughly enjoyed both baking and eating! So enjoy!!